Career-Ready with CTMA: Hiring Grants for Automotive & Advanced Manufacturers
Date: Thursday, June 25, 2020
Time: 1:30pm - 2:30pm ET
Location: Online Webinar via GoToWebinar
Administered by the Canadian Tooling & Machining Association (CTMA) and funded in part by the Ontario Provincial Government, the second round of the Career-Ready with CTMA program - a hiring program in partnership with Mentor Works Ltd. is now open! This program is helping close the skilled trades gap in the Machine, Tool, Die, Mould & Automation (MTDMA) sector, in support of the auto manufacturing industry.
This 2020 round is providing up to 240 Experiential Work Placements for co-op students, recent graduates, and potential new apprentices. Employers can receive $3,000-$15,000 per individual hire.
During this webinar, our co-hosts will share valuable information about the program to benefit both employers seeking to fill positions relevant to the automotive industry AND students looking for placements to gain practical workplace skills and experience.
- Learn about the Career-Ready with CTMA wage subsidy for co-op students, potential new apprentices, and recent grads
- Discover federal programs for up to 100% of employment costs to stack with the Career-Ready with CTMA program
- Explore the current status of the Canada Job Grant, including recent changes
- Identify key advantages and perks of becoming a CTMA member
Funding Webinar Prerequisites
Prerequisites for most Canadian government funding programs:
- Incorporated in Canada for at least 2 years
- Financially stable
- Not a retailer/distributor
- Not a start-up
Webinar Host Organizations
- Canadian Tooling & Machining Association (CTMA): The Canadian Tooling and Machining Association (CTMA) represents and promotes the interests of the Canadian tooling and precision metalworking industries.
- Mentor Works Ltd.: Partners with Canadian businesses to optimize cash flow and accelerate growth by accessing government grants and loans. Mentor Works' Proactive Funding Approach™ provides the critical pathway to connect businesses with government funding resources to foster innovation, productivity improvements, and as a result create new jobs and wealth in Canada.
Executive Director, The Canadian Tooling & Machining Association (CTMA)
Robert has 35+ years experience in the tooling trade industry. He served as a volunteer on the CTMA's Board of Directors in various positions from 2002 to 2013, including being elected by his peers as President of the association in 2008. Robert became the Executive Director of the CTMA in February 2014. Robert is married with three children. He is active in his community and is Past-President of the Greenwood Recreation Association. He has also volunteered for the Oshawa Competition Motorcycle Club and is an active member of the Lotus Club of Canada.
President and Founder, Mentor Works Ltd.
Bernadeen worked in the corporate arena for 18 years as an executive and general manager in the manufacturing sector. With considerable expertise in government funding, both on a federal and provincial level, Bernadeen understands the aspects most critical to a successful Proactive Funding Plan™. She plays to win, and recognizes the importance of cash flow and margins. This enables her clients to succeed and access larger government funding wins than otherwise available.
BONUS: Funding Info Sheet for Attendees Only