Career-Ready with CTMA: Hiring Grants for Automotive Manufacturers
Date: Thursday, August 15, 2019
Time: 1:00pm - 1:30pm ET
Location: Online Webinar via GoToWebinar
On July 15, 2019, The Canadian Tooling & Machining Association (CTMA) and the Ontario Provincial Government announced the launch of the Career-Ready with CTMA program - a new hiring program in partnership with Mentor Works Ltd. This program is helping close the skilled trades gap in the Machine, Tool, Die & Mould (MTDM) sector, in support of the auto manufacturing industry.
This program is providing up to 120 Experiential Work Placements for co-op students, recent graduates, and apprentices. Employers will receive $3k-5k in funding for each hire.
During this webinar, our co-hosts will share valuable information about the program to benefit both employers seeking to fill positions relevant to the automotive industry AND students looking for placements to gain practical workplace skills and experience.
Career-Ready with CTMA is a time sensitive program. If you are interested in hiring co-op students, new apprentices, or recent grads for fall 2019, we encourage you to attend this webinar!
- Learn about the Career-Ready with CTMA wage subsidy for interns, apprentices, and recent grads
- Discover $5,000-20,000 in additional hiring grants to stack with Career-Ready with CTMA
- Explore the current status of the Canada Job Grant, including recent changes
- Identify key advantages and perks of becoming a CTMA member
Funding Webinar Prerequisites
Prerequisites for most Canadian government funding programs:
- Incorporated in Canada for at least 2 years
- Financially stable
- Not a retailer/distributor
- Not a start-up
Webinar Host Organizations
- The Canadian Tooling & Machining Association (CTMA): The Canadian Tooling and Machining Association (CTMA) represents and promotes the interests of tooling and manufacturing companies across Canada. As advocates of the industry to all levels of government, the Association effectively promotes issues and supports member businesses.
- Mentor Works Ltd.: Partners with Canadian businesses to optimize cash flow and accelerate growth by accessing government grants and loans. Mentor Works' Proactive Funding Approach™ provides the critical pathway to connect businesses with government funding resources to foster innovation, productivity improvements, and as a result create new jobs and wealth in Canada.
Executive Director, The Canadian Tooling & Machining Association (CTMA)
Robert has 35+ years experience in the tooling trade industry. He served as a volunteer on the CTMA's Board of Directors in various positions from 2002 to 2013, including being elected by his peers as President of the association in 2008. Robert became the Executive Director of the CTMA in February 2014. Robert is married with three children. He is active in his community and is Past-President of the Greenwood Recreation Association. He has also volunteered for the Oshawa Competition Motorcycle Club and is an active member of the Lotus Club of Canada.
President and Founder, Mentor Works Ltd.
Bernadeen worked in the corporate arena for 18 years as an executive and general manager in the manufacturing sector. With considerable expertise in government funding, both on a federal and provincial level, Bernadeen understands the aspects most critical to a successful Proactive Funding Plan™. She plays to win, and recognizes the importance of cash flow and margins. This enables her clients to succeed and access larger government funding wins than otherwise available.
BONUS: Funding Info Sheet for Attendees Only
Gain insight into these opportunity by accessing a free download exclusive to webinar attendees.