Take a proactive approach to financing your business' growth projects
Date: Thursday, April 25th, 2019
Time: 7:30am-10:30am (Breakfast included)
Cost: Free event. Registration is required as space is limited.
Location: Edward Village Hotel - 50 East Valhalla Drive, Markham ON, L3R 0A3
To overcome growth challenges, businesses should use a combination of equity, bank financing, and government funding. Each source of investment capital supports aggressive but sustainable growth plans and enables companies to act on emerging market opportunities.
During the Financing Solutions for Strategic Business Growth event, RBC, EDC, and Mentor Works Ltd., will discuss opportunities for Ontario-based businesses to finance growth through a strategic mix of funding options, including Canadian government grants, equipment financing, and exporting.
Event participants will receive insight on how to support their company's finances and develop connections to access business/project funding. Explore how to tackle the roadblocks and empower your company's growth.
- Explore RBC equipment financing solutions
- Discover government funding programs for hiring/training, R&D, scaling operations, and exporting
- Determine how to respond to international business opportunities
- Uncover financing options to manage volatile cash flow and business risk
- Learn how to grow your business internationally and manage borrowing & credit
- 7:30-8:00am: Registration & Networking
- 8:00-8:30am: RBC Financing Programs and Products
Ron Bootan, Senior Manager, Equipment Finance Specialist at RBC
- 8:30-9:00am: EDC Solutions for Export Success
Jason Solilo, Senior Account Manager at Export Development Canada
- 9:00-9:30am: Mentor Works Top Funding Programs for Business Growth and Development
Brenda Cane Blackwell, Business Development Executive at Mentor Works Ltd.
- 9:30-10:30am: Q&A and Networking
Financing Solutions for Strategic Business Growth: Event Hosts
Keynote speaker organizations include:
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC): RBC is the leading provider of financial services and support to Canada's Knowledge-Based Industries, and was first to support these key industries. Since then, they have gained the experience and expertise necessary to provide customized financial solutions to meet the complex needs of KBIs.
- Export Development Canada (EDC): EDC is Canada’s export credit agency. It supports and develops Canada’s export trade by helping Canadian companies respond to international business opportunities. It is a self-financing, Crown corporation that operates at arm's length from the Government.
- Mentor Works Ltd.: Mentor Works is a business support organization specializing in Canadian government funding. Supporting over 75 of the top Canadian government funding programs, they partner with Canadian businesses to to optimize the government funding application process. This supports healthy cash flow and accelerates growth/innovation among KBIs.
Senior Manager, Equipment Finance Specialist at RBC
Ron is a commercial financing professional with over 25 years of industry experience. He has a solid record of success in business development and account management with specific expertise in equipment leasing, inventory financing, and vendor finance programs. His proven strength in training, managing, building effective teams, implementing new processes, and cost management help establish partnerships that achieve customer and organizational objectives.
Senior Account Manager, Export Development Canada
Jason recently joined EDC after 18 years with RBC, the majority of this time working with business owners (Commercial and Business Banking). Jason understands the complex financial needs of companies with expertise in cash flow management, export and capital asset financing, risk mitigation, and corporate bonding strategies. Jason holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
Brenda Cane Blackwell
Business Development Executive, Mentor Works Ltd.
Brenda helps guide the strategic positioning of Canadian SMEs seeking market growth, enterprise digitization and workforce development. With graduate degrees in Marketing and Business Communications, New Media Management, and Adult Education, she brings a wealth of academic and applied knowledge to the Mentor Works team. As a former member of the Team Canada Trade Mission, she has a critical understanding of how Canadian companies can develop brands for international audiences.